In my practice, I pride myself in the ability to provide the highest standard of care for my patients. If indicated, I am also trained in other treatment modalities including EMDR and hypnosis. I frequently work with patients and their therapists as a part of a treatment team to provide the medication arm of the treatment. However treatment is approached, it is done in a highly personalized way, tailored to each of my patient’s individual needs and designed to help attain the personal growth they are striving for. This is done while working in a comfortable and supportive atmosphere. Some of the disorders and symptoms I work with are listed below.
- ANXIETY Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder/MOOD SWINGS
- Mood disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorder or PANIC ATTACKS
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Women's Issues (PMS, MENOPAUSE, LOSS OF A CHILD)
Emotional problems can be associated with medical crisis or life stresses. A few examples are:
CHRONIC ILLNESSES like
- Autoimmune Disorders (Arthritis, Lupus, Type I Diabetes)
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- SUDDEN ILLNESS like Heart Attack or Stroke
- Survivors of CRIMES like Assault or Rape
- DEATH or INJURY of someone close to you
- Any Change, Diagnosis or loss with LIFE ALTERING CONSEQUENCES
- HIGH RISK CAREERS like Military Service, Police Officers & Fire Fighters,
- 1st responders & ER workers are all at very high risk
There are experiences in life that can overwhelm anyone’s ability to cope. Several factors are at work in coping with severe stress. Genetic predisposition, the number and severity of stressors, and how early in life someone had to start dealing with these stressors. Sometimes being overloaded shows up as depression, panic attacks, or some other symptom. This is a time to get help. Sometimes a visit to someone you trust to advise you may be enough, or you and your family doctor may be able to weather the storm. But it may require a specialist. It may be time to see professionals who deal with these issues day in and day out, and who have been doing so for many years. There is help. Don't continue to suffer.
You aren't weak, and you aren't crazy. You have a medical problem that needs treatment.